Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm addicted to blur

I just got my new camera lens. I LOVE IT!!!!! (I'm singing that.)

Even the UPS man was smiling from the joy I exuded.

I bought the Canon 50mm 1.8 II. Finally.

(Two different links on that lens. Get Canon's review, and an outsider review. Both honest and valuable.)

With my other lens, I was unable to get a low enough aperature (f-stop) or a short enough focal distance, to really get that blurry background. I love the depth that the 'depth of field' element adds to photos. Mystery, focus, romanticism. Whatever.

Love.

It.

Here's 2 pics to illustrate the difference between "the blur."

The first one is 28-80 (UV filter). The second is with the 50mm (FD filter).



Notice the blur in the door. So much more with the 50mm. (I think the filter has something to do with why the 2nd one is darker. Has a dark tint to it. Maybe that doesn't matter. I'm a beginner, and so I haven't really checked into filters and all they do.)


Here's some other shots I took with (someone else's) 50mm (when I was trying it out).



In case ya'll didn't know, I love photography. I just need more time. There sooo much to learn in this digital world.



1 comment:

  1. beautiful! You take good pictures. And I like that lens.. :P

    ReplyDelete